Yoga & meditation
A grounding yet creative yoga and meditation journey will allow you to disconnect in order to reconnect with yourself. The sessions, led by Leigh , will focus on stimulating and balancing the seven chakras and will be held outdoors on the verandah or beach (weather permitting) to allow you to engage with the natural elements of Earth, Water, Air, Fire and Space.
Each day will generally comprise two themed yoga sessions – a dynamic morning class before breakfast and a more restorative evening class before supper – and one meditation or yoga nidra session to inspire deep relaxation and connection.
The yoga and meditation sessions are open and accessible to all levels of practitioners, including beginners.
Massage and reflexology
During the retreat, Karen will treat each of our guests to two 60-minute massages of their choice (Holistic, Sports, Pregnancy or Post-Partum Massage) or Reflexology (on request).
Each session will begin with a personal consultation to discuss your health history, preferences and goals in order to tailor the treatment to your needs.
Your treatment will be carried out outside (weather permitting) or in our dedicated treatment room in the villa overlooking the aromatic fynbos enveloping the property. The soothing ocean sounds and breeze will help destress and rejuvenate you and will deepen your relaxation.
On arrival, our group will decide together how we would like to spend our days during your stay. Generally two of the below activities will be organised for each day.
All activities are completely optional and you will always have the choice to rather take some time out on your own and relax in the villa, at the heated pool, or down at the private beach.
- Guided 4×4 Fynbos & Wildlife Safaris – explore the natural wonders of the De Hoop Nature Reserve which are situated a little further from your villa and discover some of the local wildlife in the park.
- Guided mountain biking (1-3 hours) – offering you an overview of the bio-diversity of the area.
- Land-based whale watching – watch Southern Right whales calve, blow, breach and belly-flop from the comfort of the villa and the surrounding sand dunes of The De Hoop Reserve, a marine-protected World Heritage Site. August and September are the peak viewing months.
- Sand boarding – on the white sand dunes surrounding the villa.
- Snorkelling – in the protected rock pools (your accommodation has wetsuits, masks, snorkels and rock shoes in all sizes).
- Guided marine walks (1-3 hours) – discover the incredible marine life in the rock pools in the immediate vicinity of the villa.
- Guided fynbos walks and hikes (1-3 hours) – explore the incredible bio-diversity and beauty of the fynbos vegetation that is found in De Hoop Nature Reserve and traverse the surrounding limestone cliffs overlooking the sea.
- Sundowners on the sand dunes – overlooking the Indian Ocean with a possible glimpse of a pod of dolphins or whales.
- Various beach games – including volleyball, cricket and croquet.
- Star gazing – from the telescope upstairs at the villa.
- Tennis – at De Opstal (approximately 30 mins from the villa).
- Picnics down on the private beach – spend a few hours relaxing, swimming and enjoying the views.
Optional activitiesIn addition to the above, the following activities can be arranged for our guests (at an additional cost):
- Private yoga or meditation sessions
- Additional massage/reflexology treatments
- Bungee jumping (day trip) – from Bloukrans Bridge (216 meters / 709 feet above the Bloukrans River) in the Tsitsikamma – the world’s highest commercial bungee bridge and the highest commercial natural bungee jump.
- Whale watching/scenic flights by helicopter
- Boat trip on the Vlei (wetland lagoon) – late morning or afternoon to enjoy bird, game, otter and possibly porcupine sightings.